Everyone knows the scenario in Ukraine and final week marked a yr since Russia started its full-scale invasion on the nation.
Because the invasion, greater than 700 Ukrainian refugees have come to Vancouver Island in the hunt for a brand new starting.
As a brand new residence away from residence, the area has loads of Ukrainian meals choices to select from.
Whether or not you propose to dine out or put together your individual Ukrainian-inspired meals, Better Victoria presents a number of totally different choices that can assist you get accustomed to Ukrainian meals tradition.
Listed here are 5 Ukrainian meals locations to maintain a watch out for the subsequent time you’re able to dine out:
Sült” has etymological roots throughout Europe. In Gaelic, it refers to pork fats or a dish manufactured from it. In Hungarian, it interprets to “fried” and refers to American-style delicacies.
In German, “to roast.” Scandinavian interprets “Sült” to each starvation and hunger, in addition to satisfaction and content material. These final meanings effectively describe individuals respectively arriving and leaving the
- The place: Sült Pierogi Bar, 609 Yates Avenue
- Tuesday to Thursday, 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday 1 p.m. to eight p.m.
Ukrainian Cultural Centre
The Ukrainian Village is a transitional housing initiative that gives free, protected and supportive housing for Ukrainians fleeing the struggle and beginning a brand new life on Vancouver Island.
- The place: Ukrainian Cultural Centre, 3277 Douglas Avenue
- When: Tuesday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sandy’s Ukrainian Kitchen
Sandy’s Ukrainian kitchen serves high quality genuine Ukrainian delicacies together with perogies, cabbage rolls, borscht, in addition to sizzling and frozen residence cooked meals, and lots of extra seasonal dishes.
- The place: Sandy’s Ukrainian Kitchen, 2980 Island Hwy
- Tuesday to Friday, 10:30 a.m. to five:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Inside Yumbrosia presents genuine south Indian, European and Mediterranean merchandise and meals.
Serving the group of Oak bay, Yumbrosia makes the hassle to help native farms.
- The place: Yumbrosia, 2405 Eastdowne Highway
- Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m. to five p.m.
- The place: Hungry Rooster, 1925 Bowen Highway
- Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sat: 11 a.m. to six p.m.