Final Up to date
It’s little question that considered one of North America’s largest vacationer airports will include a busy arrival expertise. Thus far in 2022, Cancun Worldwide Airport has welcomed a brand new file of over 20 million worldwide vacationers.
The airport can be the most well-liked gateway to Mexico for U.S. and Canadian vacationers; we just lately reported that just about 60% of all worldwide arrivals on the Cancun Airport this yr have been vacationers from the U.S.
However with a lot exercise all day day-after-day, you’re sure to come back throughout some roadblocks. When you’ve got plans to go to the Mexican Caribbean anytime quickly, listed below are some professional suggestions for vacationers arriving at Cancun Worldwide Airport.
All About Cancun Worldwide Airport
Let’s begin with the fundamentals. After arriving at Cancun Worldwide Airport, you’ll be on the tip of the Mayan Riviera and simply linked to high locations in Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.
Playa del Carmen is lower than an hour’s drive away, Tulum 1.5 hours, and that’s to not point out Merida, Valladolid, and smaller locations alongside the coast like Bacalar and Akumal which might be all accessible from Cancun Airport by public or non-public floor transportation.
In response to the Airports Council Worldwide, Cancun Airport ranked because the tenth busiest airport on the earth for worldwide passengers in 2021, up from twenty eighth place in 2020 and 61st in 2019.
So when arriving, it’s important to be ready, and this implies figuring out the fundamentals in regards to the airport and the way you’ll be headed to your vacation spot.
Cancun Airport Terminals
Most main airways coming from the U.S. and Canada will arrive at Terminal 3 or Terminal 4.
Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 of Cancun Airport primarily host home airways. Right here’s a breakdown in slightly extra element:
- Terminal 1: VivaAerobus
- Terminal 2: Aeromexico, Air Transat, Alaska Airways, Southwest, Sunwing, Volaris.
- Terminal 3: American Airways, Air Canada, Delta, JetBlue, Spirit, United, Frontier, WestJet.
- Terminal 4: Southwest, Frontier, Air Transat, WestJet.
You may see the complete listing on the Cancun Airport web site.
Guidelines For Arrivals At Cancun Worldwide Airport
You stuffed out the immigration type on the aircraft, proper? As soon as landed, there are, after all, a number of boundaries that it’s important to cross earlier than you’re outdoors and in paradise.
First, you’ll must undergo immigration. With the brand new digital kiosks which have been arrange on the airport simply this yr, the wait occasions for vacationers have been decreased. However as soon as it’s the busy vacation season, vacationers’ ready occasions at immigration usually rise all through the day, so finest to be affected person and plan for a long-ish wait.
After you’ve been cleared, it’s time to move over to baggage declare to say any checked baggage. In case your baggage arrives intact, you possibly can then head over to customs.
Customs on the Cancun Airport has a pink mild/inexperienced mild system, the place you’ll must press a button that can flip both pink or inexperienced – inexperienced means you possibly can move, and pink implies that the customs agent will then go to examine your baggage. If this occurs to you, it’s a good suggestion to have ready beforehand and have your stuff packed in a approach that can make it easy to pack again up when you do must undergo your baggage.
As soon as previous customs, you’ll undergo a slew of distractions like kiosks and issues being offered to you till you possibly can exit the airport. Listed here are among the issues vacationers ought to take note:
- Cash alternate kiosks: Airports are notoriously one of many worst locations to alter your cash. If you wish to change some cash to Mexican pesos, know that you may get cheaper charges on the town.
- Timeshare sellers: En path to the exit, you’ll additionally in all probability discover some folks wearing an official-looking uniform providing to promote you a timeshare or attend a timeshare presentation. Many fellow vacationers advise to only stroll previous these guys and don’t have interaction with them. Some might say that they’re really your transportation however know that every one pre-booked transportation will solely watch for you outdoors the airport. There are movies and articles about the way it’s not a good suggestion to join a timeshare presentation on the Cancun Airport when you’d like some extra information on this.
- Pre-arranged and on-arrival transportation: In case you’ve pre-booked your transportation from Cancun Airport to your lodge, your driver needs to be ready for you outdoors the terminal close to the entrance. On this space, you’ll discover a slew of drivers ready for pick-ups, metered taxis, ADO buses, and extra.
Getting To Your Lodge From Cancun Airport
A pre-booked automotive or minivan can take you into Cancun for round $50 round-trip. In case you’re searching for public transportation choices, ADO coach buses can be found all through the day and may take you to downtown Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Tulum. Tickets for ADO may be bought on the official kiosk on the best facet whenever you stroll out of the terminal.
In case you’re staying within the Cancun Lodge Zone, it’s finest to take a cab instantly or use your pre-booked transportation as a result of the bus heads to downtown Cancun which is that this distant from the Lodge Zone.
Journey Insurance coverage That Covers Covid-19 For 2022
Journey Off Path’s Greatest Offers Of The Week For Your Subsequent Journey
Cancun’s Latest Luxurious Resort Will Open November 1st
This text initially appeared on Journey Off Path. For the newest breaking information that can have an effect on your subsequent journey, please go to: Traveloffpath.com
↓ Be a part of the group ↓
The Journey Off Path Neighborhood FB group has all the newest reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place day by day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your electronic mail deal with to subscribe to Journey Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Present journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The choice to journey is finally your accountability. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to substantiate your nationality’s entry and/or any adjustments to journey necessities earlier than touring. Journey Off Path doesn’t endorse touring towards authorities advisories