The Lee County Customer & Conference Bureau held its twenty second Annual Elaine McLaughlin Excellent Hospitality Service Awards on Sept. 8 on the Hyatt Regency Coconut Level Resort & Spa in Bonita Springs. The “E Awards” acknowledge the county’s hospitality business workers for going above and past to care for guests.
Residents, guests and colleagues wrote 751 nominations for 553 particular person nominees. Awards have been introduced within the following classes: Lodging, Greatest Tourism Boss, Sights, Eating places, Transportation, Good Samaritan and Different Companies/Companies. The Honor of Distinction award goes to the general nominee who finest represents the spirit of hospitality in Lee County.
Island professionals received the next:
– Sights: Kaitlyn D’Alessandro, with Casa Ybel Resort
From the nomination: You may at all times rely on above and past customer support. She is inventive, participating, pleasant and problem-solving, and he or she’s nice with clients of all ages.
– Eating places: Kyle Kuhn, with The Island Cow
From the nomination: He had a celebration of 10 individuals who have been celebrating their son’s departure to the army and this nominee, being an Air Pressure disabled veteran, took a really private curiosity on this boy’s future. He rang the bell and introduced this boy’s achievements and what his future was going to carry. All our patrons and workers of greater than 100 individuals stood up and applauded. The entire place was emotional as was my nominee, who had a tough time ending his speech. Because the night time was coming to an finish, the household was so gracious and really moved by the nominee’s recognition for his or her courageous son.
– Different Companies/Companies: Clare Harris, with Billy’s Bike Leases
From the nomination: As I used to be strolling my bike on the Sanibel Causeway, my nominee generously stopped and requested me if I used to be OK. After seeing my flattened tires, she loaded me and my bike into her truck and took me to the bike store. I instructed her that I had no cash with me, and he or she insisted on repairing my tires nonetheless — which she did excellently. She clearly went above and past when it got here to serving to me.
The remainder of the award winners included:
– Honor of Distinction: Anne Marie Copelin, with Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa
– Lodging: Allison Wooden, with Vacation Inn Categorical & Suites Fort Myers Airport
– Greatest Tourism Boss: Yevonne Ellerbee, with Lovers Key Resort (first winner); and Invoice Waichulis, with Pink Shell Seashore Resort & Marina (second winner)
– Transportation: Diane Phillips, with Lee County Port Authority
– Good Samaritan: Michael O’Connell, with Hyatt Regency Coconut Level Resort & Spa